My 11 build

Everything else Eleven related
Morris

Re: My 11 build

Post by Morris »

Firstly, congrats on the IVA pass.

Interesting re the brass tee pieces. My three supplied with the kit are identical, and the WSC packing list calls them 'M10 X 1 female 3 way brass tee' (3 off). I'll give WSC a call on Monday to sort it out.
zei220

Post by zei220 »

Anyone want a pair of IVA approved light pods? I have a pair if you want them.
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

As I recall, the Ts required washers where tapered fittings were not used, such as the stop light pressure switch. I had a problem with that when I was initially setting up the brakes. 'Turns out that I had the right washer with the switch.
If the brake fitting you have screws down to its base, you will likely need a copper washer to seal the fitting.
Simon Marks

Post by Simon Marks »

Hi,

I've been away from my computer since Thursday so belated congratulations on the IVA Pass. Time to turn the ugly duckling into a beautiful swan!

Simon
zei220

Post by zei220 »

Thank you Simon. The transformation is under way, the light pods are off and the westfield loan seats have been returned to the factory. Just need to get rid of the rear number plate holder :lol:

The rest of the transformation will have to wait as I'm off to Washington mid week until the end of the month.
zei220

Post by zei220 »

BTW, if anyone wants the rear number plate holder for their IVA, just let me know and we can arrange pickup/posting.
Morris

Post by Morris »

Ok sorted re the brass tee pieces.

I spoke with WSC who confirmed that the brake light switch does not have a tapered thread and so does need a copper washer. They also confirmed that after the first few turns, the thread gets tight, which indeed it certainly does... A bit of heave hoing with a spanner was required to screw it all the way in down to the washer.

The flexi hose screws into the rear axle tee without use of a washer as it bottoms out and seals on the taper before the washer would have made contact.

Morris.
zei220

Post by zei220 »

Hello, I'm back in the garage and trying the fit the seats and it would appear there isn't any fixing holes in the bottom of the seats so, how do you fit them to the floor and the adjusters to the drivers seat?
jonjh1964

Post by jonjh1964 »

For the passenger seat I removed the vinyl from the bottom of the seat drilled 4 holes in the corners of the base with enough space to fit an M8 large 'penny' washer. I then fitted the seat where I wanted it (as far back as possible and marked the hole position in the floor then drilled 10mm. Fitted the based with M8 large 'penny' washers under the bolt heads inside the seat based and under the nuts under the car. Finally re-glued the vinyl trim to cover the bolt heads and dropped in the seat cushion. The driver's seat was the same but the holes in the base were determined by the seat runners and the positioning was to give me an adjustment range that suited me (5'7") with plenty of rear adjustment.
zei220

Post by zei220 »

Silly me, I didn't realise the seat squab came out doh!

Thanks Jon.