Insurance - who is good?

Everything else Eleven related
erictharg

Insurance - who is good?

Post by erictharg »

Just had my renewal through from Footman James, who I've been with since the Eleven first hit the road in 2007. £199 for 3000 miles, only dropping to £168 for 1500 miles. Not good enough I think. It's gone up a significant slug every year, but it feels as if its time to shop around.
I'm stating the value as £15k. It's kept garaged at home. Clean licence, no claims since for ever.
Doubt I did more than 100 miles on the road last year, but it's nice to have it if you need it, if only for testing.
Any recommendations?
jonclancy

Re: Insurance - who is good?

Post by jonclancy »

Hi Charles,

Try A Plan, Thatcham. And make sure you send in pics for free agreed value (rather than market value). My premium was the same two years running.

http://www.aplan.co.uk/thatcham

HTH

Jon
Chris Todd

Post by Chris Todd »

Thatcham for me, FJ as no longer competitive and loosing their customers across the board.
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

A Blatchat thread is now reporting that FJ will no longer insure 'home built' cars.

http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=227847

Even though I don't use FJ, I hope its not true - thin end of the wedge and all that...
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Their premiums suggest that it's not a market they want to be in any more. Got a much better quote through Flux. For now I'm going SORN until the need arises to tax/test the car.
Chris Todd

Post by Chris Todd »

Just renewed with Thatcham, agreed value, 2000 miles a whole £89 :D
erictharg

Post by erictharg »

Thatcham A Plan £115 for 2000 miles. Works for me! Worth having road legal for that.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Better get an MoT now...