Stoneleigh

Everything else Eleven related
biggles

Stoneleigh

Post by biggles »

Anyone going?
I am going to stagger along despite feeling rough as a badger's arris! Monday I think.
Cheers Tim
Splat

Re: Stoneleigh

Post by Splat »

Hi Tim,

Sadly, working all weekend (natch). But I went last year and enjoyed it. However, I too went in the Monday and suspect that, whilst all of the trade displays were still in place, many of the “club” cars outside had departed for home after a long weekend. And the May bank holiday was a scorcher last year. So I wouldn’t be too surprised if Monday isn’t a little quiet this year......

Hope you feel better soon. Tomorrow is my first day back after over two weeks with an absolute bugger of a chest infection. Spent two days without leaving my room in Tel Aviv and the flight home was horrid!

ATB

Simon
jonjh1964

Post by jonjh1964 »

I'm planning to be there tomorrow but with my Orange on Black SEIW FW (W20JJH) rather than the Eleven for a variety of reasons.

Jon
Morris

Post by Morris »

I counted one XI there today(!), not in the WSC compound but elsewhere. I spoke with the owner who had come over from Oxon. I believe it was an anniversary model with tinted screen, yellow wheels and white racing circles - looked rather tasty!
Simon Marks

Post by Simon Marks »

Hi,

I was there - but not in the Eleven. I only got my repaired / rebuilt engine back on Friday late afternoon. It is in the car and successfully started and running but I, obviously, need to shake it down a bit so two return runs to Stoneleligh this weekend, I felt, would be somewhere between ambitious and foolhardy!

I'm back up there today, based around the Westfield Sports Car Club marquee so if anyone fancies / needs some Eleven chat, look me out.

Simon (07880 405148)
Morris

Post by Morris »

Sorry I missed you yesterday Simon. Today I've been dragged along to a garden/ flower show.....!
biggles

Post by biggles »

Splatters - yep, been doing the ill thing off and on for a month and a half now! Not good for (any) progress on my multifarious projects..... hope you are back to tip topedness now!

I ended up going on the Sunday as I was needed for 3 year old restraining purposes on the Monday, and it’s clear that from a trade perspective it is slowly expiring - the trade halls get s bit smaller each year. The internet I suppose, everyone being more connected at a local/regional level to keep up with club type activities. Shame really, I went in '86 for the first time and it took a full two days to get round everything including the club stands. Even in my shambling state needing a few sit downs I was round everything in about 5 hours, including lots of gratuitous chinwagging to owners....

The one XI was one I saw last year with some lovely period decals reg FEAxxxC. Anyone know it?

ATB everyone, Tim

PS Ben if you are reading this, tried to PM you and it is not working, any ideas? Inbox full?