K Series replacement

All things oily!
LA 11 builder

Re: K Series replacement

Post by LA 11 builder »

Please do post links to as many pictures as you want to share. I always want to see new things.
techbod
Site Admin

Post by techbod »

If you'd like an area in the gallery section for your photos, one can be setup for you.
Drop me a pm or email if that is of any interest.
allymally

Post by allymally »

Hello Julian, I would be very interested in your pictures. malcolmlinder@btinternet.

Biggles, more about my eleven. its based on a series two Lotus eleven chassis but has Lotus eleven series one body much sleeker, although you cant get 8inch rear wheels on my car like Adam! I will try to add two pictures, one body off, Not my car but a similar one. second the car I used to race.
if these work I may add more or you could email and I could sed direct.
All the very best Malc
Attachments
Eleven_001 small.jpg
My lotus 11 ser 1GRP small.jpg
My lotus 11 ser 1GRP small.jpg (47.03 KiB) Viewed 7012 times
Markwoodbridge

Post by Markwoodbridge »

Now started to make some progress on this, too many excuses to list.

I'm currently trying to get all the "bits" put on the engine before I fix the engine mounts to the chassis plates. So far got alternator, remote oil filter, starter motor and reconditioned dry sump pump in place.

Latest bit soon to arrive is a Caterham clutch cable for the Type 9 gearbox that has had the inner cable shortened by 60mm by Speedy Cables.

I'm intending to use a standard Caterham K Series exhaust manifold mated (welded) to the original Westfield A series system.

Hopefully back with more updates sooner.
Markwoodbridge

Post by Markwoodbridge »

All done..
151 bhp
Attachments
image.jpg
biggles

Post by biggles »

now that's what I call a teaser, not even letting us see what's under there!
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Very subtle blister.

More pics! More pics! etc...
Markwoodbridge

Post by Markwoodbridge »

Exhausting.. Here's a few photos of the exhaust I took the other day before they were wrapped. Shame to cover up the tubes but it keeps things cooler under the fibreglass.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
allymally

Post by allymally »

Hi Mark, well done with the conversion. how much hangs below the chasiss please?
Oh and some pics of engine installed if you would be so kind. where abouts are you based? would like to have a better look if possible.
All the very best Malc
Markwoodbridge

Post by Markwoodbridge »

Hi Malc
This is a standard Caterham dry sump set up with the titan pump. Clearance on this is about the same as the A series was. There is absolutely no option to install a K series without a dry sump, you'd leave a trail of sparks behind you shortly followed by the sump contents.
I'm currently near Thame in Oxfordshire but shortly moving to Stratford upon Avon.
Very happy for you to come and have a look and I can share my mistakes with you.
Mark
Attachments
sump installed.JPG