She's Back!!

Everything else Eleven related
jonclancy

Re: She's Back!!

Post by jonclancy »

I'll give them a shout tomorrow, Charles. Thanks for the steer.
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

I have hundreds of thousands of miles on the Pertronix Ingitor with no problems EVER. No external boxes, simple installation, and no photo cell problems. The latest models have built in adjustable rev limiters and a lifetime warranty. I actually had to replace one once. It was my fault. Warranty covered the 3 year old unit.

I have been using Carebont (Smiths) gauges without problems. The latest tachs seem to work just fine with the Pertronix.

I also have used the "Second Strike" multi spark box with the rev limiter. Also no problems with the late Carebont "Smiths" tach.

Note that there are several types of the earlier Smiths tach. Some wired in series, some in parallel.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Yep, the old RVI, RVC rev counter differences (volts pulses or current pulses).

The Pertronix units are much cheaper in the USA. May consider one of those. Just a question of getting the dizzy cap off now! IIRC, that the boys from EVO had a similar problem. I'll dig out the article later on.

Cheers

Jon
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

For the best prices in the US on Pertronix, try Retro Rockets. That should save you a few quid.
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

With free US postage, these are good prices, for sure.

Just trying to work out which kit I need. It's a pretty comprehensive range.

I'm back home tomorrow, so will readdress the dizzy cap ("oi, you 'orrible little man!" etc). I have also discovered that side entry caps have internal screw terminals. It might just be that a loose one (or more) inside could be causing the spark to drop off and reappear. Getting the cap off is a priority now.
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

You can E mail Pertronix with your distributor number and they will tell you which unit you need.

They may have an Ignitor 3 available, which contains a built in adjustable rev limiter.

Retro Rockets can also help if they know which distributor you have.
chappy996

Post by chappy996 »

Jon

UK distributor for Pertronix - call 01276 65554 - it's a guy call Mark Hannaford who is also my brother. He tells me the Ignitor III is currently confined to US V8's, but you can get an Ignitor II and matching coil. Nice kit - very reliable!

Steve
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. I'll salt that away, as I have repaired my Lumenition for the time being.

How's your build coming on?

Cheers

Jon