Hang on to your XI!

Everything else Eleven related
Pluscat

Hang on to your XI!

Post by Pluscat »

It is getting more and more difficult (if not impossible) to get a Westfield XI registered and roadlegal.
This reflects in the value of the car, roadlegal XI's are getting more and more expensive, and asking prices are going up.
I found this add in Germany, I think it is a bit (read: a lot) overpriced :shock: :o :roll: , but in a few years this will be reality.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/lo ... res=EXPORT
erictharg

Re: Hang on to your XI!

Post by erictharg »

It will be interesting to see how the new builds that are underway get on with the latest IVA test and registering.
beng4

Post by beng4 »

Hope its not impossible, mines nearly at Iva stage, just need to book it-ill let you all know how I get on.....
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

No problem here in California, and in most of the US.

But then, we don't have any problems with IVA here in CA, and special construction or Kit cars don't require emissions testing.
11admire

Post by 11admire »

No problem to get it on the road in Denmark after they have changed the rules for replica's
I got mine on the road in July and it only had to meet the rules as the original had back in 1957 :)
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Now that's just plain sensible!! Why can't the EU make that mandatory throughout? They like to dictate about the shape and size of fruit and veg, after all...
bobwhittaker

Post by bobwhittaker »

DANISH COMMON SENSE,apply the rulings in force when the original was created.Only three nights ago I was discussing my build progress and SVA/IVA hurdles when I stated the obvious that I was trying to recreate ( "lookalike" not a replica) a 55 year old car from a 45 year old donor
whilst having to apply current restrictive regulations. This also considering that the build kit is some 26-27 years old , chassis no. 123. I have previously put a car through SVA in 2008 and had first hand experience ,an "after market" gear knob looked on as a hazard to driver and passenger,cured by drilling and tapping a luminous green practice golf ball and puytting that in place. When asked where I had got it from my reply was "a VW Golf",the response was "Don't get smart it will never pass".
11admire

Post by 11admire »

This is the announcement from the Danish Transport Authorities put through Google Translate.

"The reason for the relaxed rules is that there are already a number of replica cars that are wrongly recorded in Denmark, for example. with incorrect indication of the date of first registration. Visual Rules must therefore be clearer.
A new principle means that a replica car that is a good copy of the original car, just have to fulfill the technical requirements applicable for the original car, which is a relaxation of the rules.
The new administrative rules for replica cars shall enter into force on 1 July 2012. You can read more about the changes in Release No. 1970 via the link on the right side."

So you can understand that I was very happy after 7 years of fighting to get my XI on the road, now they only have to adapt the taxation to be a bit more realistic.
At the moment I have paid the same amount of tax that they want for a BMW Z3 coupe from 1999