Springs & Dampers (Not Again)

All things oily!
Splat

Re: Springs & Dampers (Not Again)

Post by Splat »

Spectacular thread drift, but what the hell......

The Clio V6 was a hooligan hoot. On winter rubber in the snow you WERE Jean Ragnotti! Owned mine as a daily driver for about two years. When I part-exed for the Lambo in May '13 it probably contributed £17-£18k towards the deal and I considered that top money at the time. Four years on it'd probably go for over £35k.

Then again, I sold my (admittedly leggy) F355 Berlinetta (Rosso-crema-Russo (red, with cream leather and red carpets) and manual) nine years ago for £35k. It'd start at £135k now.

Bugger!
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

Luggage??? That's a laugh! My R5T2 has the factory Coup de Europe fully tringulated cage, so you can't even carry the flat tire if you have to take one off and use the spare (as the rear tires are 285mm wide!). I don't think that one would leave a $2000 tire and wheel by the side of the road. Any flat means that the car gets flat bedded if the spare can and patch kit doesn't work. Fortunately, I have never had to flat bed the thing anywhere.

We spent a lot of time at the old Riverside International Raceway, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, Infiinion (aka Sears Point) . 30+ years, nearly half my life. I am still not tired of it.

The handling is still to contemporary standards (it was turning 1G back in the mid 80s on the 285 Pirellis or Yokohamas), and on boost, it is quick enough. A driver does have to rush the corners to keep the little 1.4 on the boil, but it only weighs 900 Kg drippig wet with 138 lbs fuel on board.

When I do tours with a passenger in the Westfield, I don't carry my luggage. I have somebody else take it (some times, FedEx), so I can carry a simple tool kit (two open end wrenches and a screwdriver).
biggles

Post by biggles »

Nothing wrong with a bit of thread drift, about threading some drifts, if you get my drift....

I'll get me coat... :D