Fat rack mounts, the small bits

All things oily!
biggles

Fat rack mounts, the small bits

Post by biggles »

Hi all
My recent successful parts buying run yielded a fat rack, but the vendor had lost the smaller halves of the alloy mounting clamps. IIRC the bigger bits ( the pieces that bolt to the frame) are usually the ones that crack, might anyone have a pair of the smaller pieces, having had to buy a full set to replace a cracked large bit? If so, please do get in touch and I'm sure a suitable exchange of beer tokens, (or preferably real beer if we ever get together!) can be effected.

Regards all, Tim
Westfield 129

Re: Fat rack mounts, the small bits

Post by Westfield 129 »

But, too bad you are not here in the 'States... I have precisely what you are looking for.
Splat

Post by Splat »

He's regularly stateside (now that his jet has stopped self-immolation!). You could probably sort this quite easily.

Would you be interested in a set of very good 13J4 wires with very good Vredestien tyres. They've all done about 3300 miles total from new and one spoke has a tiny amount of surface rust. You can have them for beer money, they're only going to sit in the garage rafters otherwise......
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

I am in Southern California. Close airports are BUR and LAX, with VNY or CMA the closest municipal to my home in Thousand Oaks. If anyone is serious, I will dig out the parts, or have the caps made.

Since I only use 15" wires and vintage race Dunlops (no problems here as we don't have "IVA" here in sunny CA) on the builds (and my own car currently has 13" minilites with 185/70s), I don't have much use for wire 13s. Thanks for the offer, though.
biggles

Post by biggles »

Hi Jan and Splatters

Jan I think he meant me re the wires! And yes, I will be in LA at some stage as we have announced the Dreamliner will be the 3rd daily service to LAX, starting later in the year ISTR. So if you wouldn't mind hanging on to the alloy collars, hopefully at some point we will meet for a beer? Or if it's a decent layover, maybe I could hire a Mustang or similar and we could meet for a canyon or two? I must say, I am looking forward to a bit of Southern Cal, haven't been for 25 years since I spent two weeks at Huntingdon Beach getting hammered by waves while trying to learn to surf (didn't get it together until I hit Waikiki on the next leg of the trip, but I digress). Anyway, no rush as I am just collecting bits, and haven't sorted my chassis yet (have a complete body etc though) after my failed auction attempt! Splatters is obviously hurrying me along by offering me choice bits though..... :D

Splatters, yes I would be interested, we need to meet! Maybe we could have a small Elevens gathering for a pint?

Regards all, Tim
Splat

Post by Splat »

IIRC I'm now a quick jaunt down the A34 for you (Charlton, Andover). You can find my roster on iBid or whatever (PATLS). Frankly, come down when it suits and if you want the wires then give me whatever you think they're worth to you :)

(The third photo shows the only corrosion that I know of. It's surface only!)

I'm sure that Jon will be up for a meet, and Simon Marks and Custardbadger are also kind of local. The only bugger is rostering. Weekends are non-existent at the moment. :(
Attachments
IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1317.JPG
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Those wheels and tyres have been down the Mulsanne, so guarantee that any car they support will be extremely quick! :D

I'm up for a meet, but, as Splat says, it'll probably be midweek...
biggles

Post by biggles »

But it might be 660 turbo or even 1300 van until a supercharger is sorted..... :?

Anyway let's switch to PM and sort it!
Westfield 129

Post by Westfield 129 »

Let me know when you will be in LA, and for how long. We can do a canyon and wine tour, and I have a friend with a 23 (with license plates!) AND a new GT350 you can meet.

I will dig out the parts.

PM me for my contact information.
biggles

Post by biggles »

Will do, sounds v interesting!