Ok, so why an A series?

All things oily!
biggles

Re: Ok, so why an A series?

Post by biggles »

At the moment I own a locost 750mc race car, a Burlington Arrow, the Midget, the XI road/racer and another Eleven body and ancillaries. And then there is my Dads '62 pre production Renault 4, too.

They all need work! I need to get something running, which in the first instance will be the Burlington as it's a weekend away from being MOT able. Then at least I will get to trundle about in something retro with no lid in what passes for our summer!

Jan is right, I will extract what I need, but I will make sure the rest goes to keep another Midget alive, I won't scrap the shell. I would rather get a hundred less and sell it for a rebody than part out all the wings/sills etc....

Ben did you get my pm?

Cheers all, Tim
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

Just make sure you keep the chassis plates and all that, and you will be good to go. The car's reg will return to the great DVLA repository anyway. Shame really, as CAR 123F will go the same way. But, just think of the greater good! :D
biggles

Post by biggles »

This won't be my main donor as I want an age related plate that is three letter three number, so I am looking for an Austin or Morris pre 1963 for my two significant components, such as gearbox and steering system.

So the Midget shell will be offered with ID....

Cheers Tim