Le Mans Classic 2018

Everything else Eleven related
jonjh1964

Le Mans Classic 2018

Post by jonjh1964 »

Having thoroughly enjoyed 2014 with my FW Westfield, camping at the nearby airport with Valan and completing a partial lap on Thursday morning, I'm hoping to finish my Eleven for the LMC 2018; how/when do I register for a parade lap?
Simon Marks

Re: Le Mans Classic 2018

Post by Simon Marks »

I'd be interested in joining in on this one so I'll be keeping an eye on the replies, too.

Simon
jonjh1964

Post by jonjh1964 »

It appears like the best approach is to use one of the UK based approved agents or try and join in with one of the car clubs that have their own arrangements.

http://traveldestinations.co.uk/wp-cont ... 016-LR.pdf

This is one of the approved agents
jonclancy

Post by jonclancy »

We went with the TSSC. They had a private camp site set up with showers, food truck, bar and large tv in recreation area. All in all, very well executed.

I believe they have yet to publish details of the 2018 exped, but it may be worth dropping them a line. Very friendly bunch.
jonjh1964

Post by jonjh1964 »

I’ve just submitted my registration forms and payment through the main Le Mans classic website drop down menus: Clubs, Register, Individual Cars.

Just got an email confirming receipt and that it will now be put to the committee for consideration.....fingers crossed for a couple of parade laps on Friday .... just need to finish the car!
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

I am about to order tickets for my son and me. The idea is to camp at Beausejour at € 80 for the long weekend + admission for the weekend. Are you all staying there as well or are you with a group gathering somewhere else? If the latter I would like to join if you don't mind, I'll carry a few cases of special Dutch beer to ease the atmosphere. You may ask Charles how good or bad that stuff is.

For info: I will be travelling with an Anglia 100E. Why? That is a long story but I'l explain then. In any case it has a lot to do with Elevens.
AMWestie

Post by AMWestie »

I have decided to go to Le Mans classic I am taking my eleven and my friend is taking his esprit we are going with lemob and have parade lap tickets hopefully and all looking good as based in the frozen north we will be getting ferry from Hull to zeebrugges

Hope to see anyone who makes it there

MarkT
jonjh1964

Post by jonjh1964 »

I'm travelling with a group of 5 Westfields from the WSCC Dorset Area. The Poole - Cherbourg ferry on Thursday morning, staying at the Valan campsite at Arnage-Le Mans Airport then travelling back on the Monday. My parade lap is on Friday time TBC and the others in the group are doing their laps with Pistonheads on Saturday - presumably on the morning. The French are dropping the speed limits on their A/B type roads to 50mph from the 1 July 2018, be careful as the locals seems to get away with speeds that GB cars can't, judging by my last couple to trips through France........
alleggerita

Post by alleggerita »

Our tent at Beausejour is on the infield but far away from where you all are staying. We will carry our meat, pain, salade and Kanon beer in case we may set up a meeting. I hope we do. Respecting Le Mans history and all that we will be wearing something Orange in disguise.
AMWestie

Post by AMWestie »

Yes I am attending in my 11

Going with Le Mob

But hope to meet up with anyone else who
Will be there

MarkT
Attachments
1CA15A47-19C3-4BBD-B7FE-7ED1A2FE5ADB.jpeg